Summary of operation
1. Watch the instruction video - Download from Documents page below.
2. Determine slice thickness by selecting the lead screw with the appropriate pitch.
3. Wind two sets of slicing frames using the frame winder.
The wire is only 20 microns thick, so adjust the Teflon clutch knob carefully.
4. Slice the wires below the locking bars, but between the slicing frames.
5. Mount the pre-wound slicing frames in the guillotine slicer mechanism.
6. Set tissues on a bed of agarose at the base of the slicer.
7. Release the trigger.
8. Release the frame and return the slicer to its top position.
9. Place the sample plate in a buffer bath, and the slices will slide apart from each other.
The MX-TS tissue slicer consistently slices sectioned cortical or hippocampal tissue to either a 200-, 300-, or 400-μm thickness in a straightforward operation. Thicknesses are selected by simply replacing the lead screw on the frame winder. This style of tissue slicer ensures consecutive slices of the specifically sectioned area. The MX-TS tissue slicer comes complete with an instructional video, frame winder, frame accelerator, 4 frames, 100 clamping wires, 1000 feet of 20-μm tungsten wire, and 20 Petri dishes.
■■ Fast Method for Slicing Tissue
■■ 200-, 300-, or 400 μm
■■ Minimal Tissue Damage